Departmental Internal Communications

Return to Workplace Issues

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Participant

We have a fairly large integrated communications department (20+ people), and I’m looking for any ideas on improving communications within our own department. The majority of staff do all sit in one common area, however everyone is very silo-ed in their jobs and projects do not get communicated to all as a whole. The biggest complaint I hear is, “I have no idea what is going on in our department outside of the stuff I do.”

Do any of you have any pointers on how to better share projects with the entire staff (without sending a weekly email)? Any ideas would be so appreciated!

Participant

Hi – Our department has been using Asana for about a year-and-a-half. Though its primary use is to assign and follow tasks (project management), it has a summary page to see what everyone has on their plate. Highly recommended! I think there are both free and paid versions. Each person gets a unique icon. When you look at all projects, you can sort by who it is assigned to, due date or a few other things. We have our jobs in two separate sections — web requests and general design requests. Switching between them is one click. If you want a screenshot, I’d be glad to share it. -Ellen

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.